Monday, January 3, 2011

Bad choice?

Today I bullied my kids into reading 1 Nephi chapter 2.

Should I just recognize that, like with all new habits, there is a lot of murmuring and gnashing of teeth at the beginning?

Do I need to change tactics?

I really do love the Book of Mormon--I just don't always like reading it with people who don't pay attention/can't stop moving/complain after every.single.verse/are annoying and destructive, etc.

I still haven't read for myself yet. Time to hop to it. 7AM will come soon.

3 comments:

  1. She's alive!!!!! *said in my best Dr. Frankenstein voice* I just read your comment from November. I'm sorry you had to go through that. It's heartbreaking. How are you doing now? Funny that you posted about making kids read scriptures with you. We are trying "again" to have FHE and scriptures and family prayer. It's HARD!! We do it for one night and then the next night it's "just go to bed!" haha We feel like we have failed as parents. Jesse will be home from his mission in March and we have not grown spiritually at all. Very depressing. I'm so glad to hear from you. I need to make a visit to IKEA..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm alive!!! And I am doing well. Just remember to "look not behind thee"--don't dwell on past failings--just look ahead to what good things you can do. Satan works overtime on me (and probably you, too) trying to help me focus on what I haven't done right in the past. But God isn't like that. He just says, REPENT! and sin no more. You're forgiven and I love you! I'd rather stick with the Lord's way, ya know?
    LOVE YOU, my friend! Say hi to all the girls and Amy. Tell them I love and miss them!

    ReplyDelete