Joshua 22:5
5 But take adiligent heed to do the bcommandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the Lord charged you, to clove the Lord your God, and to dwalk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to eserve him with all your fheart and with all your soul.
This was one of the footnotes on Moroni 7:47. I love how it describes this love of the Lord--walk in his ways, cleave unto him. I have always loved that idea of cleaving unto someone because Larry loves it. I even inscribed it inside his wedding ring: "I will cleave unto you." It means that the person is the most important to you and that you will always leave all others behind to be near to that one. I think of it as leaving all others behind when you marry (even your own family--parents, siblings) and be one with your spouse. Just like that, we should leave all worldly thoughts behind and think only of Christ's gospel and love and THAT should motivate our actions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that you put that in his ring.
ReplyDelete