Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Service

I have been thinking a lot about service lately.

A couple of weeks ago, I reread my patriarchal blessing. It talked a lot about charity and how that was one of my gifts. Needless to say, I am NOT the person yet that my patriarchal blessing says I should become.

Babysteps, babysteps.

But that got me to thinking. I have flabby charity muscles. Meaning--I struggle loving and serving for the right reasons. So what should I do? WORK OUT THOSE MUSCLES! And as we both know, working out muscles hurts like heck, right? Righty-o!

So I have been working out. Not always with the best attitude, but I figure--fake it till you make it! I hope that soon my charity muscles will not hurt so much, and that it won't be so hard to make that decision to serve without complaining or talking myself out of it. I want to be of service--it is just my natural woman that doesn't know it yet.

So, do you have any way I can serve you? I REALLY need to be able to serve people I already love and not have to work so hard loving them. Know what I mean?

Love you, my friend!

1 comment:

  1. Uhhh, hello miss server lady!! You are the most willing to serve! When I was asked to help with Rosie that first time, I called you and you answered with an upbeat YES! And you sounded happy about it. And, you helped her again the other day. You should teach me a few things....

    ReplyDelete