Thursday, September 24, 2009

I decided to start reading the Ensign. I have been bored all day. (I know, I know, how can that happen?) Glen has had the day off and so I have accomplished nothing today. We watched a movie, and that is about it. I have not been able to make myself do anything productive today. I think my weight is really getting to me, but yet I can't make myself do anything about it.

So, I was thinking of reading the next book in the series that I have been reading. (Pendragon) So, I started feeling guilty, if I can make time to read that, why can't I read the scriptures or the Ensign? We have taken the Ensign for years and I almost never read it. So, I sat down tonight and started reading September's. I read the first few articles. The first article is The Influence of Righteous Women. Gulp. Just the title is making me feel guilty. Elder Uchtdorf quotes President Hinckley..."We call upon the women of the church to stand together in righteousness. They must begin in their own homes. They can teach it in their classes. They can voice it in their communities." He goes on to talk about us women being an example in small things that will make a big difference in the lives of our young people. The way we dress, talk, live every day. Including the tv shows we watch, music we prefer, and how we use the internet. I look at these things in myself, and I can see sooooooo many things to improve on. I don't dress very well, because I am too fat to do so and I refuse to shop at any place that would probably have nice fat clothes for me to wear. I don't watch a whole lot of tv, but using the computer and internet is one of my biggest time consumers. My kids think all I do is play on facebook or 2peas. (Photo/scrapbook site) I do waste a lot of time off and on all day on the computer. I will turn it on to check email, and all of a sudden 2 hours has gone by with no housework being done. I have a lot to work on! There is a picture of a lady (probably a YW leader), and 2 girls in the article, and I want to be that woman. I want to be the classy dressed, non swearing, non time wasting woman, that I see there. I want to be her. (She probably never yells at her noisy kids either like I am doing now.) (If the 2 older ones wouldn't be so loud after the other 2 are asleep then I wouldn't have to make the choice to yell at them....right?) So, I am not sure of where I am going with this, but I do know that I have some major improvements to make!!!

1 comment:

  1. I want to be that woman, too. Just don't give up, ok? We will get there, my friend!

    ReplyDelete