Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How to get charity

In the book I am reading, it says that charity isn't something you develop, but it is something we can have, nonetheless. Here's how:

Moroni 7:48
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, apray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true bfollowers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall cbe like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be dpurified even as he is pure. Amen.

I really need to do this. Today was another off-the-wagon day. I was so grumpy all day long. I needed to stay in my room all day long and pray with all the energy of my heart. That would have hurt a lot less feelings today.

My husband has an aunt that he felt NEVER liked him. Now they seem so distant and there are no real maningful ties. He doesn't want me to end up like that aunt. I just have to pray to be more loving and understanding to those who aren't my own kids. It shouldn't be so hard, but it is. There, I've said it. I am in DESPERATE need of repentance. And then maybe my nieces and nephews won't hate me!

1 comment:

  1. I do not think that your nieces or nephews could ever hate you. You are too hard on yourself. You are an amazing, talented, spiritual, giving woman that nobody in their right mind could ever hate. I love you!

    ReplyDelete